Ladies Wine & 9 Clinics – Monday’s, Wednesday’s & Thursday’s
Wine & Nine at Val Halla Golf Course
2018 Clinics, Memberships & Loyalty Programs
Click here to register for programs
History of the Program
It’s our 11th year! A strictly beginner program started in 2008 with a catchy title intended to introduce ladies to the game of golf. We were hoping for 12 ladies and 73 ladies signed up that first year. Each year since we have capped out at 200+ ladies annually in our program and sign up for the season fills in less than 12 minutes.
Why Wine & Nine?
It’s a simple program with an underlying theme…have fun. It’s all about learning something new, networking with other ladies and play a difficult game in a relaxed atmosphere. As one woman put it…”as a woman I organize everything. This is the only thing I don’t organize…you do and I love it!”
Three groups of ladies are drawn to Wine & Nine: ladies with young kids who are looking for a night out; ladies who are professionals and have run corporate events for years and now want to play in them; and ladies whose husbands are about to retire to Florida and want to join them in the sport they have played their whole life.
We offer 3 levels (May, June/July and August). Often ladies will take several sessions of the same level and moving to the next level is determined by confidence in the previous level.
Level 1 – Beginners; new to the game or played a long time ago (wooden clubs).
Level 2 – Intermediate; Level 1 graduates; some experience but looking for help with an aspect of their golf game.
Level 3 – Advanced; Level 2 graduates; independent golfers looking to play with other occasional women golfers.
- Gather at Rachel’s on the Green 15 minutes prior to the start of class (5:45 PM).
- Leave clubs next to the putting green behind the Pro Shop.
- Meet and greet fellow class members.
- Proceed to the Junior Golf Room or Tee Box at class time (6:00 PM).
- Receive nightly announcements and instruction.
If the weather is in question we use three methods to communicate.
- Email the class.
- Post class status on the Val Halla website.
- You may call the Pro Shop at 829-2225 x1.
Space in sessions is limited. All sessions are 5-weeks long (a rain date is figured into each session). The fee is $115 per 5-week session. All registrations are electronic and handled through Cumberland-North Yarmouth Recreation.
BIG CHANGES FOR 2018…
- LESS LEVEL 1 CLINICS.
- MORE LEVEL 2 CLINICS.
- SMALLER CLASS SIZES.
- 3-WEEK AND 5-WEEK OPTIONS.
- ONE INDOOR LEVEL 1 CLASS.
- NIGHTS WILL VARY FOR LEVEL 1 AND 2.
- IF YOU SIGN UP FOR LEVEL 1 BEGINNING IN MAY, AND YOU THINK YOU WANT TO ATTEND LEVEL 2 BEGINNING IN JUNE, IT WILL BE ON THE SAME NIGHT.
- WE WILL BE DISTRIBUTING A CLASS ‘FAVOR’ THE FIRST NIGHT.
Dates & Times: 3-week and 5-week sessions
LEVEL 1 BEGINNER EVENING 6:00-8:00
- Thursday (3); 4/19 – 5/3; limit 16 (INDOOR CLASS)
- Monday (5); 5/7-6/11 (no class on Memorial Day); limit 18
LEVEL 2 INTERMEDIATE EVENING 6:00-8:00
- Thursday (5); 5/10-6/7; limit 18
- Monday (5); 6/18-7/16; limit 18
- Thursday (5); 6/21-7/19; limit 18
- Monday (3); 7/30-8/13; limit 18
- Thursday (3); 8/2-8/16; limit 18
LEVEL 2 INTERMEDIATE AFTERNOON 1:00-3:00
- Tuesday (5); 6/5-7/3; limit 6
- Tuesday (5); 6/17-8/14; limit 6
LEVEL 3 ADVANCED EVENING 5:30-7:30
- Wednesday (5); 5/9-6/6; limit 16
- Wednesday (5); 6/20-7/25 (no class on 7/4); limit 16
- Wednesday (3); 8/8-8/22; limit 16
- 5-week session (2-hours/eve); $115
- 3-week session (2-hours/eve); $75
ALL programs use on-line registration and registration opens on Tuesday, April 10th at 9:00 AM.
We use on-line registration exclusively for this program.
It will begin on-line on registration opens on Tuesday, April 10th at 9:00 AM.
Click here to register for programs
RULES OF WINE AND 9
Issues and expectations we need to address (I’m sorry but we had to do this.)
- Signing up indiscriminately and transferring classes…now carries a $25 administrative fee per change.
- Expectation of instruction in Level 3…there is no instruction in this level. There will be on-course monitoring and support.
- The programs are intended to be 2-hours in length. End times may need to be enforced as we needs carts returned timely (no night golf).
- Distribution of the graduation gift…you must attend the last night in order to receive this gift.
- Showing up on other nights because you can’t make your assigned night…given our staffing ratios we cannot allow this.
- Domination by one or two participants of the instructors time…sorry but that’s not the purpose of the clinics. Private lessons may be what you need.